BookTuber Interview #2 with KimberleysBookNook

Welcome back regular readers and a big hello to any new readers joining us. Welcome.

Haven't I got a fantastic surprise for you today! Following the success of BookTuber Interview #1 with Dani on Books, I have another great BookTuber interview for you and with one of my favourites nonetheless- KimberleysBookNook. Kimberley is one of those BookTubers that I watch all her videos, she is such a lovely friendly person and this really comes across. It also helps that we have such similar tastes in books :-) I hope you guys enjoy Kim's answers to my questions and don't forget to check out her channel and say I sent you!


Hi Kim, please describe your channel and the type of books which you enjoy reading.
My channel is a place for me to share my thoughts on books I've read and show books I plan on reading. I love doing tags created by other booktubers, and also creating new tags myself. Anything that's a bit of fun and gets everyone's brain ticking, sharing books and connecting people to other booktube channels. I also like to get a little bit personal, giving my subscribers a sneak peak into my life, by sharing my Document Your Life videos on my channel. I love reading a variety of books from young adult, new adult, and adult. I enjoy true stories, dystopian, paranormal romance, YA and adult contemporary, and chick-lit. I just like to mix it up.

What made you decide to start your channel and what are the main reasons you keep making videos?
I had watched booktube videos for a few years, and always wanted to make my own videos, but didn't really have the courage to get started. Eventually, my teenage nephew talked me into it and I just decided to give it a go. I had a warm welcome instantly by other booktubers such as Catriona from LittleBookOwl (a fellow Aussie), she was was super sweet and helpful and we've become quite friendly. Also Amira from AmirasBookReviews was great in giving me advice on editing etc. I continue to make videos purely because I enjoy it. It's become a fun hobby for me, and I love the booktube community.

What is your favourite book?
I honestly can't choose just one favourite. Can I say five? I love The Help by Kathryn Stockett, My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stepanie Perkins, Marching Powder by Rusty Young, and Unwind by Neal Shusterman. Just to name a few.

If you could read one genre for the rest of your life, which genre would you choose?
Probably dystopian. I love that there are so many different possible alternate realty worlds to read about in the dystopian genre. Sure, some get a bit repetitive, but generally each story has a fresh, new concept that I would never have imagined myself.

If you could live in any book world created, which would you choose?
I joked in one my Q&A videos that it would be Anastasia's world with Christian Grey from Fifty Shades of Grey, but of course I was kidding (mostly hehe). No, I'd say the world of Harry Potter, that would be so cool. That, or Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. All those sugary treats. :)

What has been your best/favourite booktubing moment so far and why?
The first book I was sent to review was a YA book about a circus, set in the 1920s. It was called Showtime, and was written by an author named Chloe Kayne. She was really lovely and was kind enough to do a video for my channel, answering questions about her book and her experience in writing it. I also love that some of the tags I've created have really taken off and become pretty popular among the booktube community. :)

Where do you store/show-off your books and how many do you own in total?
I have a huge bookshelf in my lounge room that takes up an entire corner of my wall. I just counted and I have a whopping 417 books on my bookshelves. That's not including books I have in boxes on my lower shelves, and ebooks. Wow! I have a problem, haha.

Where is your usual place to read and what would your dream reading place look like?
I usually read in my little reading nook in front of my bookshelves - you can see a picture to the right. I also like to read in bed or in my garden. I live near the beach, and have a view of the ocean from the back of my house, so I can also sit up on the balcony in Summer and read listening to the ocean. I also think the two places in the other pics below would be awesome reading spots.

Lastly, which blogs/channels can we usually find you stalking when you're not creating content for your own channel?
Some booktuber channels I love are:
Katytastic: She's full of energy and her videos are always funny and interesting.
LittleBookOwl: She's a sweet, friendly Aussie girl, and we like similar books.
Jhaughn18: She doesn't take herself too seriously and she also has similar reading habits to me. 
TheArtsygal12: She always looks gorgeous in her videos and gives great reviews on the books she's read. She can talk for 15 minutes and I don't get bored.
Padfootandprongs07: She's a crazy girl but has some great videos and book recommendations. She sent me Unwind by Neal Shusterman for Genre Swap, and it's become one of my favourites.
Also, ColdTeaAndCrumbs (of course): You like similar books to me, and I love your book hauls and Wrap Up videos.
Some none booktube channels I love are: TheGridMonster, JLovesMac1, zoella280390, EllesGlitterGossip, and Troye Sivan.

Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog, Sam. It was fun answering your questions.
Kimberley xx


___________________________________________________________________________________________
A big thank you to Kim for taking the time to answer my questions. I'd definitely love to read in that hammock on top of the water - although what if I needed a toilet break or to grab a cup of tea? I bet I'd end up falling out and getting soaking wet - although that would be refreshing if it was boiling hot :-)

Don't forget to follow Cold Tea and Crumbs to read another BookTuber/Blogger Interview in 2 weeks.
See you all then. x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...