Booktuber Interview #3 with Whytnee from BooksAreLovex3

Welcome back regular readers and a big hello to any new readers joining us. Welcome.

It's Wednesday which means it's time to have another Blogger/BookTuber Interview on Cold Tea and Crumbs. This fortnight I'm introducing you to Whytnee from BooksAreLovex3. Whytnee is such an enjoyable BookTuber to watch and every time I watch one of her videos I just smile, she's so friendly and enthusiastic that it spreads :-) I hope you guys enjoy Whytnee's answers to my questions and don't forget to check out her channel and say I sent you!


Hi Whytnee, please describe your channel and the type of books which you enjoy reading.
My channel is mostly a lot of tags and hauls. I notice that my reviews tend to ramble and they aren't watched as much, but there are just some books that you can't help but love so much you need to talk about it. My absolute favorite type of book is dystopian, but I read a lot of different genres. My friends call me an eclectic :)

What made you decide to start your channel and what are the main reasons you keep making videos?
I had an old channel by the name BibliomaniacWhyt and no one really watched my videos or understood the name, so I re-created myself a little over a year ago and boom, here I am. I made the channel (although I was apprehensive about it) because of Beth from BethJune327's persistent urging to do so. At the time we were our only 'reading friends' (as in we both read and wanted to talk about books but no one else we knew read). I'm so glad I did, I've met so many wonderful people :)

What is your favourite book?

My Favorite Book changes throughout the year. Currently I have two. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is the first- 1) because it is the first classic I've read that wasn't required for school, and 2) because I adore the story and Charlotte' Bronte's writing so much. It has got to be one of the better English classics of my collection so far. The second one is The Host by Stephanie Meyer because it doesn't really feel 'adult' to me. I know it's supposed to be her adult novel, but the story is so detailed, and the world building is so amazing, that it feels like a YA dystopian.

If you could read one genre for the rest of your life, which genre would you choose?
Oh wow this is a hard one. I can't choose just one. I guess if I had to it would be Dystopian because I find it fascinating that authors (along with many non writers or readers) seem to think the world is going to fall apart. I like to see how they think the issues will be resolved, when in reality only a handful of people would stand up for themselves. Personally I think mankind tends to deal with whatever lot they're issued, only a few persevere. I like the 'hope' Dystopians project for the future.

If you could live in any book world created, which would you choose?
I know most people would jump in and say Hogwarts or Camp Half Blood, but I think I would most likely choose a classic English novel such as Jane Eyre or something by Jane Austen. I love those books, being an Anglophile I'm a bit obsessed. I wouldn't choose a Dickens just because some of the conditions he writes about are just..well.. not exactly what I'd want to deal with. Give me a Mr. Darcy or Mr. Rochester any day :)

What has been your best/favourite booktubing moment so far and why?
I think my favorite booktube moment had to have been hitting 100 subscribers. I know that's a small number, but on my old channel I had at least 25 videos and less than 70 subscribers. The fact that 100 people liked me enough to subscribe without me asking was VERY flattering and it made me feel good about myself and my content. The funny thing is, I've 'grown' so much that watching my old videos now makes me wonder what it was about me that made them subscribe in the first place, haha. I just really appreciate all the people I've met and became friends with and I cannot wait to meet more and form new friendships.

Where do you store/show-off your books and how many do you own in total?
I have two tall 5shelf bookshelves in my room against one wall, and a short 3shelf bookshelf beside my bed.. and now after counting them all (which by the way thanks a lot for making me do so haha) I have 233 books on my shelves total. Not including my ebooks.

Where is your usual place to read and what would your dream reading place look like?

I usually read on the couch or in my bed. But I have to be sitting up or I'll fall asleep. I've read in the car, but I usually get car sick, so sitting somewhere is best. My ideal reading place would be a custom designed book nook. I've seen so many on pinterest that I'm determined to create one of my own when I buy my own home. I'd prefer something with a window, sunlight is the best, but this picture is amazing.

Lastly, which blogs/channels can we usually find you stalking when you're not creating content for your own channel?
I always check out your videos (once I heard you mentioned on a few channels I was hooked) but my other booktube favorites are BookswithDylan, KimberleysBookNook, Jhaughn18, and Kayla Campana (who is now a very good friend of mine, we text each other daily). But non booktube related channels I adore are of course VlogBrothers, but I also love Olan Rogers, Emma Blackery, and Big Cat Rescue (The giant cat videos are just irresistible)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A big thank you to Whytnee for taking the time to answer my questions. I'm very sorry for making you count your books, Whytnee :-S You've introduced me to a couple of YouTubers that I was unaware and now thanks to you I subscribe to them. Thank you so much to Whytnee once again and don't forget to check out her channel or if you enjoyed this interview just click the red subscribe button above to have her videos show up in your YouTube subscriptions page.

Don't forget to follow Cold Tea and Crumbs to read another BookTuber/Blogger Interview in 2 weeks.
See you all then. x

Missed an interview, see all interviewees on the BookTuber/Book Blogger Interview Archive Page

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...