Booktuber Interview with Samantha from Cold Tea and Crumbs (Interview #6)

Hi fellow readers and welcome back for another booktuber/blogger interview.

This week is a little bit different and as it's recently been my birthday, I thought I'd share my answers to the interview questions so you guys can get to know me a little better :-) Enjoy.



Please describe your channel and the type of books which you enjoy reading.
My BookTube channel is where I like to share my thoughts on the books I've read, bought or are on my 'To Be Read' pile. I mainly read Young Adult books but I do branch out from time to time and read classics, adult fiction and graphic novels. My favourite books are anything involving an alternative world, supernatural aspect or adventure/survival story. I'm a sucker for any kind of book that I can get lost within and escape from everyday life for a moment or two.

What made you decide to start your channel and what are the main reasons you keep making videos?
I first became away of blogging and YouTube in 2008 via the beauty community and since then I've played around with blogs but never really stuck with anything. When I finished University and began full-time employment in 2012, I began reading frequently again and after reading a great book (Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl), I wondered what other people's thoughts about the book were. This was when I came across Bookables' review and discovered the BookTube community. As I began watching more and more videos and following more and more blogs, I gained the passion to share my own thoughts via these methods and hence Cold Tea and Crumbs was born. It's the community element, great friends I've made and the ability to share great recommendations that keeps me making videos.

What is your favourite book?
This question is always the hardest as I don't think there is just one book that is my favourite and if I could, I'd pick about 10 :-) but if I could only have one book that I'd take to a desert island though, I'd pick Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games Book 2). I can vividly remember thoroughly enjoying this book and the topic might also help my survive on that desert island too :-) Seriously though, the whole Hunger Games series was a comfort for me whilst I dealt with the loss of a family member and the escape it provided really helped me through that period of my life. 



If you could read one genre for the rest of your life, which genre would you choose?
Dystopia, definitely. Going back to the last question, my top 10 favourite books are mostly dystopias and I think that whole end of the world, alternative world, survival mode just applies to me. There's so many different possibilities too that it could be a varied genre to read also.

If you could live in any book world created, which would you choose?
I would love to live in the I Heart Series world. It's a real world setting but the books are set in different locations such as New York, London, Paris, Hollywood and Las Vegas. I would love to be Angela Clark or even be one of her best friends - she has the most fashionable job, such a hilarious outlook on life and she gets to travel the world. Sign me up for that!
 

What has been your best/favourite booktubing moment so far and why?
I would have to say all the friends I've made as it's their interaction and support that is the most enjoyable element. Being able to share your favourite book with someone who's never heard of it or someone else sharing their favourite book with me, it's the best part. :-) It constantly reminds me of why I love reading.

Where do you store/show-off your books and how many do you own in total?
I don't have that many physical books (maybe around 50?) but the one's I do have are all stored together in an organisation chaos on my bookshelf. I've done a video recently showing all my paperback and hardback books which you can watch on my YouTube channel. The rest of the books I own are on my Kindle and I have well over 100+ on there, most of which I haven't even read yet :-S whoops! I'll get around to them all one day though.

Where is your usual place to read and what would your dream reading place look like?
My usual reading place is in or on my bed and also at my desk at work, during my lunch break and right before bed is when I get most of my reading done. If I could pick a dream reading place though it would have to be someone comfortable and light with a good area of snacks nearby. It would have no distractions and no clock so that I could just read and read. Perfection!

Lastly, which blogs/channels can we usually find you stalking when you're not creating content for your own channel?
This would be one long list if I listed everyone and their channels and blogs but these guys are the ones which I watch every video or read everything blog post.  
Christine (from PolandBananasBooks) /   Jesse (from JessetheReader) /   Kat (from Katytastic) /   Jamie (from jhaughn18) /   Heather (from Bookables) /   Samantha (from SamanthaStewart93) /   Dani (from Dani on Books /   Whytnee (from BooksAreLovex3) /   Beth (from BethJune327) /   Kassidy Voinche    
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't forget to follow Cold Tea and Crumbs to read another BookTuber/Blogger Interview in 2 weeks.
See you all then. x

Missed an interview, see all interviewees on the BookTuber/Book Blogger Interview Archive Page

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...