Dystopia Reading Challenge 2014

Ula from Blog of Erised is hosting a Dystopia Reading Challenge 2014 and I'm super excited to participate because I love dystopian books!

Rules

  • The challenge will run from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Each month will have it own link form so you can share your book reviews. You do not have to review the books you read to participate, but only those who read/reviewed at least one dystopian book will be able to participate in the giveaway (you cant rack your reading without the reviews with Goodreads, Shelfari etc).
  • Books that count in this challenge must include any form of post apocalyptic theme (book sites like Goodreads are good sources of genre information). The books must be full-length.
  • All formats allowed.
  • Rereads allowed (but not the same book five time in a year!).
  • It does not matter whether it's a series or a stand-along book.

Levels Achievable

   Level 1: Recruit (1 to 6 books)
           Level 2: Rebel (7 to 10 books)
                  Level 3: Revolutionist (13 to 18 books)
                          Level 4: Leader (19+ books)

My Goal

I'm aiming to achieve Leader level and I'm sure I'll reach it as I already have a large number of books on my TBR for 2014 that are dystopias. There are also so many great new books coming out in 2014 that fit this genre. Here's a list of books I hope to read to achieve this challenge.

On My TBR Shelf
Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau (The Testing #2)
The Ask and The Answer by Patrick Ness (Chaos Walking #2)
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (reread - The Hunger Games #3)
Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Under The Never Sky #1)
Cress by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles #3)
The Maze Runner by James Dashner (The Maze Runner #1)
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (The Maze Runner #2)
The Death Cure by James Dashner (The Maze Runner #3)
Shudder by Samantha Durante (The Stitch Trilogy #2)
Unwind by Neil Shusterman (Unwind #1)
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Uglies #1)
Pretties by Scott Westerfeld (Uglies #2)
Specials by Scott Westerfeld (Uglies #3)
The Eye of Minds by James Dashner (The Mortality Doctrine #1)
The Bane by Keary Taylor (The Eden Trilogy #1)

Books Coming Out in 2014 I Want to Get My Hands On
Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau (The Testing #3)
Rebel Nation by Shaunta Grimes (Viral Nation #2)
Stuck by Samantha Durante (The Stitch Trilogy #3)
The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey (The Fifth Wave #2)

Well I knew I had a lot waiting TBR and on my list for 2014 but 19 books before even starting! That's crazy!

If you want to sign up for this challenge, please visit Ula's blog (Blog of Erised: Dystopia Reading Challenge 2014) to find out more information.

Good luck to everyone taking part!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...