Frostbite - Vampire Academy #2 | 5 Star Book Review

Frostbite 
(Vampire Academy #2)
Richelle Mead
Genres: Supernatural, Paranormal, Romance
Age Group: Young Adult
Publication Date: 10th March 2008
Number of Pages: 256
Source: Bought the new boxset in November 2013.

Add to your TBR shelf:    
Frostbite Goodreads Page

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose... 
It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory. 
But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price..


This series just keeps getting better! I really liked Vampire Academy and was so annoyed with myself for not reading the series sooner, and Frostbite has further cemented that thought in my mind.

I had no idea how they were going to develop the story in this book but wow, just wow. I loved the ski and winter setting because it matched the season I was reading it in but regardless I think I would have loved it. I really liked new characters Adrian (competition for Dimitri – anyone agree?) and Christian’s Aunt. They added many different layers to the story development and I hope they continue to be present during the rest of the series.

I read this book in a day so that says it all - so gripping and addictive! If you have not read this series yet, then what are you waiting for? Don’t be a sucker like me and think that it’s your typical YA vampire book (aka Twilight etc) because it is so much better than that!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...