The Summer I Found You Book Review

The Summer I Found You
Jolene Perry
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Age Group: Young Adult
Publication Date: 1st March 2014
Number of Pages: 256
Source: Netgalley

Add to your TBR shelf:    
The Summer I Found You Goodreads Page
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery



All they have in common is that they're less than perfect. And all they're looking for is the perfect distraction.

Kate's dream boyfriend has just broken up with her and she's still reeling from her diagnosis of type 1 diabetes. Aidan planned on being a lifer in the army and went to Afghanistan straight out of high school. Now he's a disabled young veteran struggling to embrace his new life. When Kate and Aidan find each other neither one wants to get attached. But could they be right for each other after all?

Before reading this book, it was the cover that drew me in. I absolutely love the softness of the pink and the ‘put-together’ feel of the heart shape element. After reading the book I can see elements of the cover representing aspects of the story and that makes me love it even more now.

The Summer I Found You is an enjoyable read about romance, self-discovery, learning to live with life changes as well as body changes. Both main characters have a new life that they have unwilling been handed. Aidan has returned back from war with the loss of an arm and Katie is coming to terms with being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Both have their own issues and are coming to terms with this new element of their life but when they meet each other, both find the other refreshingly easy to get along with and as an escape from the issues they face.

As regularly readers to my blog and watchers of my YouTube channel will know, I am not a big contemporary reader but this book was amazing and had me hooked from the first page! I really enjoyed the easiness I felt when reading this book, the writing just seemed to flow and I was swept away whilst discovering Katie and Aidan’s feelings for each other. I also enjoyed the element of self-discovery and coming-to-terms that both characters went through, this added another layer to the story and I was willing both characters along – even if I wanted to smack Katie sometimes for being so stupid!

The Summer I Found You is an enjoyable fluffy love story but with important underlying messages. I would recommend for fans of Katie McGarry’s books (Pushing the Limits, Dare You To, and Crash Into You).


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...