City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare | This series just keeps getting better!

City of Lost Souls 
(The Mortal Instruments #5)
Cassandra Clare
Genres: Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance
Age Group: Young Adult
Publication Date: 9th September 2012
Number of Pages: 544
Source: Bought

Add to your TBR shelf:    
City of Lost Souls Goodreads Page
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

WARNING! This synopsis contains spoilers for the first 4 books in this series.
Jace is now a servant of evil, bound for all eternity to Sebastian. Only a small band of Shadowhunters believe he can be saved. To do this they must defy the Clave. And they must act without Clary. For Clary is playing a dangerous game utterly alone. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace's soul. Clary is willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost? What price is too high to pay, even for love?




This series has stepped up yet another gear, with City of Lost Souls possibly being my favourite book in the series so far!

I've had a love/like/sometimes bored relationship with The Moral Instruments series up until City of Lost Souls. I loved City of Bones, liked City of Ashes, found City of Glass a little boring in places but overall liked it - I thought I would have loved it if I hadn't been spoiled on a couple of things - and liked City of Fallen Angels. Therefore when I was starting of City of Lost Souls I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it - but I loved it!! Possibly my favourite or at least 2nd favourite book of the series so far. I'm so excited to wrap up the series with City of Heavenly Fire, any day now.

City of Lost Souls was a breeze to read from start to finish. I loved the further development of characters who aren't necessarily main characters e.g. Maia and Jordan,  as well as the continuing relationship between Simon and Isabelle, Jace and Clary, and of course Alec and Magnus. The wealth of characters and POVs is definitely a major reason why I love this series.

The travel locations in this book also added a lot of variety to what could have been a very repetitive storyline - Venice, Paris, New York as well as the small settings within these locations were all amazing!

Cannot wait for the final book - give me now!! :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...